Friday, December 29, 2017

Lili of the Valley A Snowy Hug Christmas card!


Hi everyoneSmiley from Millan.Net

Just sharing another make from this Christmas season which I gave to my husband:


My husband doesn't mind cute and cuddly critters so it makes it a whole lot easier to make cards for him.

This is also my entry for the following Challenges:

Winter Wonderland - Anything Goes Christmas

Splitcoaststampers - Free for all Friday - F4A407 - Merry December - Happy ??? - Make a card to celebrate your favourite holiday in December.  It could be Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day...you decide but make sure you tell them what you are celebrating.  Just for fun (optional, in no way mandatory), add sparkle to your card.  I am (obviously) celebrating Christmas and I have loads of sparkle on my card - even on the plaid designer paper.

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - Anything Goes

Christmas Cards All Year 'Round - December - Anything Goes as long as it is holiday-related

The image is a Lili of the Valley Simply Print image called "A Snowy Hug" which you can find at this link HERE.   I bought a bunch of their Simply Print images a little while ago and they print beautifully with no pixelation even on the largest size - plus I love that the images come in several sizes to suit your needs. Note that I have no connection to the company - just happy to tell you my experience of how well the images print.   I printed the penguins onto smooth white cardstock with my Canon Pixma MG2965 wireless printer.  This is my first wireless printer and boy, it is so nice to not have to fiddle with cords + I can print from my mobile phone just by using the Canon App.  Printers sure have come a long way in recent years and mine is so much faster than my old one.  Anyway, I am digressing.....back to my card......

I diecut the image using my Big Shot and Lifestyle Nesting Square dies.  All the designer papers are by My Mind's Eye - Comfort and Joy from 2016.  I really love how the dotted paper matches the image so well and echoes the snow on the main panel.

The black dotted paper on the side panel was punched using a Fiskars Threading Water border punch which I love to use for masculine cards.  I tied on the ribbon, add Fray Stop to the cut ends then popped the panel up on dimensionals.  I used a Kaisercraft Mini Snowflakes die set to diecut the white star from white glitter cardstock then glued the star onto the knot using Fabric Glue.  Note that this die set comes with a bunch of different sized and shaped snowflakes plus stars.  This has been my go-to set for snowflakes and stars this Christmas season and I can't recommend it enough!

Here is a close-up of that sweet image where hopefully you see the fluffiness and sparkle:


The sentiment is by Penny Black from their Holiday Snippets set which has tons of small sentiments that are perfect for adding to a card when you don't have much room for one.  I stamped the sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black and diecut it using a Lawn Fawn Slide-on-over die which was the perfect size.  I added a Couture Creations burgundy gemstone either side of the sentiment then glued it down using Tombow Mono Multi glue.

All the layers were trimmed to a 1/8" using my Perfect Layers Tools.

I glued the card front down to a white card base using Tombow Mono Multi glue which gave me a little bit of wriggle-time to get perfect placement with just a small white border showing.

Lastly, I added some Stampendous Cotton White Fun Flock mixed with a little bit of white glitter to the penguin's hats and the snow on the ground using Tombow Mono Aqua glue.  I usually squirt a bit of the glue onto a scrap piece of cardstock then use an old small round paintbrush to spread it exactly where I want it.

I thought about adding some diecut snowflakes around the image but decided to leave things as they were so the card didn't look too fussy for a guy.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Penny Black Holiday Snippets 30-307 clear set

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

Designer Paper:  My Mind's Eye Comfort and Joy 6" x 6" pad (2016)

Accessories:  Lili of the Valley (UK) Simple Print image 'A Snowy Hug', printer, Big Shot, Stampendous Cotton White Fun Flock, fine white glitter, burgundy grosgrain ribbon, Fray Stop, Perfect Layers Tools, Tombow Mono Multi + Mono Aqua glue, Fabric glue, dimensionals, Couture Creations self-adhesive burgundy rhinestones, cardstock: smooth white, white card base, white glitter

Dies;  Lifestyle Nesting Squares, Lawn Fawn Slide-on-over LF1202, Kaisercraft Mini Snowflakes set DD446

Punches:  Fiskars Threading Water border


2 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi dear Jobear,
So very nice to see you posting the last two days, love this card with all its perfectly attention to details so very tasteful.. I sent DD a card for Christmas, trust it arrived safely.
You’re all daily in my thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for feedback on LOTV digis, have heard their digi papers are great too. Soo good being able to buy digis, isn’t it?
Totally agree re printers.
I was sad when my old faithful died, but was delighted with new Canon wifi one. I buy my ink fromeBay too, found good buyer there. You can’t buy large ink cartridges it takes in town only the small ones who aren’t worth the money.
Praying for a happy healthy 2018 for you and your dear ones, dear Jobear.
Hugs and prayers,
Shaz in Oz.x

Merry said...

This is so cute, and beautifully coloured. Wishing you a fantastic 2018 and many happyadventures

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...