Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Lili of the Valley James Bear in the Snow Christmas Card


Hi everyoneSmiley from Millan.Net

Just stopping in to share a Christmas card that I made for my daughter which I started on the 23rd and finished Christmas Eve morning:


This is also my card for the following Challenges:

Winter Wonderland - Anything Goes Christmas

Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - December - Always Anything Goes and you may enter any creation on which patterned paper/card has been used.  The idea of the challenge is to use up any of those papers we have been "collecting".  My designer papers are from 2011 so I think that I am....ahem... 'well-qualified' for the challenge!

Splitcoaststampers - Free for all Friday - F4A407 - Merry December - Happy ??? - Make a card to celebrate your favorite holiday in December. It could be Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day...you decide but make sure you tell them what you are celebrating.  Just for fun (optional, in no way mandatory), add sparkle to your card.  I am (obviously) celebrating Christmas and I have loads of sparkle on my card.

Splitcoaststampers - Ways to Use it - WT667 - Colouring is a perfect way to relax and get rid of all that stress, so take out your favorite colouring mediums....markers, coloured pencils, watercolours, chalks...anything you can use to color.  To make this a little more challenging, you must use at least two different colouring mediums on your card or project.  I used watercolour pencils, Tombow pens and chalks.

The image is by Lili of the Valley (UK) and is called 'James Bear in the Snow' which I bought as an unmounted rubber stamp quite some years ago.  Although you can't get the rubber stamp any longer, you can purchase it from LOTV as a digi image or a pre-coloured printable image.

I stamped the image with Ranger Archival Potting Soil ink and coloured it with a mix of Faber-Castell + Lyra watercolour pencils and Tombow pens.  I paper-pieced the scarf and hat using Bo Bunny Snowfall designer paper from their 6" x 6" pad and added a small amount of shading using a grey Tombow pen.  After fussy-cutting the scarf and hat, I went around the edges with a Pitt Artist Walnut Brown pen to hide any imperfections in my cutting.  I lightly coloured around the image using Kaisercraft blue chalk. The image and teal circle layers were diecut using my Big Shot and Lifestyle Nesting Circle dies.

The designer paper on the card base is also from the Bo Bunny Snowfall collection and is a 12" x 12" sheet called Blizzard.  This collection is from 2011 and is therefore long-retired yet it still remains one of my most favourite all-time releases.  The touches of glitter are so gorgeous!  The teal cardstock on the card base was trimmed to a 1/8" using my Perfect Layers Tools.  I glued the finished card to a white card base using Tombow Mono Multi glue which gave me enough wriggle-time to get the card exactly where I wanted leaving a very small white border.

The sentiment is from Penny Black from their Holiday Snippets set which has tons of very small sentiments that are easy to add to a card when you don't have alot of room for one. It was stamped using Versamagic Ocean Depth chalk ink and diecut using a Lawn Fawn Slide-on-Over die for the sentiment as it was the perfect size.  I added a blue Couture Creations gemstone either side of the sentiment.

The snowflakes were diecut from white glitter cardstock using a Kaisercraft Mini Snowflakes die set which has 8 different-sized snowflakes and two different-sized 8-pointed stars.  I added a blue Couture Creations gemstone to the snowflake centres.  I glued just the centres of the snowflakes down using Tombow Mono Multi glue and bent the arms up a little to give the snowflakes some dimension.

I tied on a teal organza ribbon from my stash, added Fray Stop to the cut ends to stop them from fraying then added a diecut star using teal glitter cardstock from the Kaisercraft Mini Snowflakes die/star set and glued it on using Fabric Glue.

I glued some Stampendous Cotton White Fun Flock mixed with a little bit of white glitter to the teddy bear's hat plus the snow on the ground using Tombow Mono Aqua glue.  The falling snow around the bear is Nuvo Glitter drops in White Blizzard which gave the snow a lovely sparkle and added a bit of dimension.

Here is a close-up of the sweet little teddy bear:


Lastly, I used a Pitt Artist Walnut Brown pen to go over the eyes and nose to darken them up a little then used a white gel pen to add some highlights.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Lili of the Valley - James Bear in the Snow unmounted rubber (retired*) - *available as a digi image or precoloured printable image from LOTV.  Sentiment from Penny Black - Holiday Snippets 30-307 clear set

Ink:  Ranger Archival Potting Soil, Versamagic Ocean Depth chalk

Designer Paper:  Bo Bunny Snowfall 12" x 12" Blizzard + 6" x 6" paper pad (retired)

Accessories:  Big Shot, Faber-Castell + Lyra watercolour pencils, Tombow pens, Kaisercraft blue chalk, Tombow Mono Multi + Aqua glue, Fabric Glue, Perfect Layers Tools, teal organza ribbon (stash), Fray Stop, Couture Creations self-adhesive gemstones, Stampendous Cotton White Fun Flock mixed with white glitter, Nuvo Glitter Drops - White Blizzard, Pitt Artist pen - Walnut Brown, Ranger Inkssentials white gel pen, cardstock:  teal, white card base, teal glitter, white glitter

Dies:  Kaisercraft Mini Snowflakes DD446, Lifestyle Nesting Circles, Lawn Fawn Slide-on-over LF1202



3 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Gorgeous card, Jobear, am sure darling daughter loved it .. do love LOTV images.
Thanks for sharing your amazing creativity.
Hugs and prayers, Shaz in OzX

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper December challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

Cards By MI said...

Adoreable card with lovely colour combo and sweet design. Thanks for joining us over at the Winter Wonderland.
Love n hugs
Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...