Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Lawn Fawn Hippo Birdie to You Birthday Card


Hi blogging friendsSmiley from Millan.Net

Sorry for my long absence:  one way or another life got in the way and I've been very unwell of late but things are starting to settle down now so hopefully, I should be able to post more often and get back on-track to visit your blogs. 

And today, I am sharing a birthday card that I made for my beautiful daughter to celebrate her 12th birthday using some very cute Lawn Fawn stamps

This is also my card for the following Challenges:

Lawnscaping Challenge #109 of Sparkle and Shine - anything that sparkles or shines eg: sequins, glossy accents, glitter, Wink of Stella glitter pens, bling etc.


Crafty Catz Challenge #286 of Anything Goes

Cute Card Thursday Challenge #380 of We Love Cake - any cards or projects that include cake 


First of all, I made the background using Ranger Distress Inks.  I smooshed Picked Raspberry, Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters Distress Inks onto my Craft Mat then sprayed them with water.  I lay my piece of Ranger Distress Watercolour Cardstock into the colours and but made sure that I had the green colour along the bottom so it kind-of looked like grass where I would be placing my animals - and the blue and pink where the sky would be.  I dried the cardstock off with my heat-gun then used an old toothbrush to splatter almost full-strength Picked Raspberry and Tumbled Glass over my panel.  I did drip some clean water over the panel to create water spots (like Kristina Werner loves to do) but they are largely hidden by the splatters. Oh well!

The hippo, bird on his back, bird's party hat and balloon are all from the Lawn Fawn Year Four set - and the 2 birds on the ground, presents and the cake that the bird is holding are from the recently released Lawn Fawn Party Animal set.  I stamped them using Ranger Archival Jet Black ink onto Ranger Distress Watercolour cardstock and coloured them using Faber-Castell watercolour pencils plus the same Distress Inks I used for my background.  I fussy-cut the hippo + birdie etc. because I had layered/stamped the images together and diecut the presents and birds on the ground using the matching Party Animals dies.

All the animals are up on dimensionals and I added Stampin' Up Dazzling Details glitter glue to the balloon, pink icing and candle-flame on the cake, the party hats and the ribbons on the presents. 

I must admit to being very taken with Lawn Fawn stamps:  the critters are particularly adorable and I love how you can mix and match sets so easily.

Here is a close-up of those cute-as-a-button images:


I cut the sentiment from the Year Four set in half so I could have 2 lines which I think balances the card nicely.  Lastly, I added blue and pink iridescent star sequins and clear iridescent round sequins here and there using Tombow Mono Multi glue.  I buy most of my sequins from $2 shops here in Australia:  most of them have a stand with a really good range of shapes and colours and they don't cost very much.  Riot Art and Craft also stocks a good range of colours as does Spotlight but are a bit more expensive.

The Happy Birthday designer paper is an old one from my stash - the back side of the Jillibean Soup - Spotted Owl Soup.  All the layers were trimmed to 1/8" using my Perfect Layers Tools. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope to see you again soon!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Lawn Fawn Party Animal and Year 4 clear sets

Dies:  Lawn Fawn Party Animal

Inks:  Ranger Archival Jet Black, Distress Inks - Picked Raspberry, Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters

Designer Paper:  Happy Birthday script from Jillibean Soup - Spotted Owl Soup

Accessories:  Big Shot, Stampin' Up Dazzling Details glitter glue, dimensionals, Faber-Castell watercolour pencils, #2 round paintbrush, Craft Mat, heat-gun, curved blade paper-tole scissors, old toothbrush, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Stampin' Up Fuse Fast adhesive, blue and pink star iridescent sequins, clear round iridescent sequins, cardstock - rose pink + light blue + Ranger Distress Watercolour

15 comments:

Anita said...

Absolutely adorable card and I'm sure your daughter loved it!

Helen said...

Gorgeous! Such a sweet card and I love your background.

Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday.

Helen x

Laurel Beard said...

Super duper cute!!!! Love the hoppo and the little birdies and sequins! Fun and sparkly Thanks so much for joining us at the Lawnscaping Challenge this week!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

WELCOME BACK!!!
It is so nice to see you again, dear Jobear.. have missed you :D

Yes I also like Lawn Fan too but haven't bought any. They are such cute images.. must see and Aussie You-tuber, who uses them very well you may know here though..Therese is a no nonsense rafter and like that...
https://www.youtube.com/user/lostinpaper

and of course Jennifer McGuire uses them beautifully I think that lady does a lot of enabling :D
I love their dies too but they're so dear, or the ones I see are .. and have too many already :D

Love and every blessing of the LORD upon you and all your dear ones, dear friend, pray for you daily.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Sorry Jobear, rather think I forgot to say how much loved the card with is pretty background - clever work! thanks for the inspiration, Shaz.x

Jackie said...

Good to see you Jocelyn, I had wondered where you were. Sorry to hear you have been unwell, but glad to hear you are on the mend...hugs
What a delightful card :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Beautiful I too love lawn fawn . Great to see you blogging again Jocelyn xx

Samantha Mann said...

this is SO adorable! i just LOVE the glitter you added to the elements around the card!! amazing! and the coloring ROCKS!! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

Pink Unicorn said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous!

Roxanne O'Brien said...

GREAT layout and I love the little scene you created. What a fun little party!! Love your take on the challenge. Thank you for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges! -Roxanne

Jill Norwood said...

Cutest birthday card ever! Love the sweet scene and your pretty smooshed bg.

Elise C. said...

So cute! The background is so pretty and this party scene is so much fun! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

Unknown said...

Oh!! This is SO much fun! Love your background and your scene is adorable!!:)

Merry said...

So great to see you posting Jocelyn, I hope you are on the mend now. Such a cute card, love the colours and the added sequins.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...