Sunday, July 28, 2013

Lili of the Valley Teddy Topper friendship card

Hi blogging friendsFrom Millan.Net

I made a special thank you/friendship card for my beautiful friend C who has just been so amazing with her support of our family as we continue to go through the ups and downs of our loved one's ongoing medical condition.   I love our chats on the phone and because C loves cardmaking too, we have so much to talk about. 

One thing that I have found through caring for my loved one, is that it is very socially isolating; others move on with their busy lives and you get left behind because you have so little downtime: and you almost feel like your situation is "old news".   I honestly don't think I could have gone through all that we have without C - and I know, that if I am feeling down or I want to chat about anything, I can just reach for the phone and call C.    Knowing that I can ring someone who completely understands how I feel has been a tremendous help and made me feel not so alone.  Now that C has the card in her hot little hands, I can share it here on my blog:


The cute little teddy in his field of daisies is a Lili of the Valley (UK) Teddy Topper which has been retired as I cannot find it on their website anymore.  LOTV do have an EBay Outlet Store where they have lots of their retired toppers and if you are lucky enough, you might be able to find this topper.  You can find the link to their EBay Store HERE.  They do post to overseas but you have to ask for a quote first.  The sentiment is also by LOTV and was stamped using Versamagic Pretty Petunia chalk ink.  I used my Martha Stewart Lace Heart edge punch to punch the yellow heart (ie: the heart is the leftover punchie) which is popped up dimensionals.  I added Kindyglitz Crystalina glitter glue to the heart, butterfly and all the flower petals and the teddy's cheeks (not that you can see it in the photo as the weather was so dull and difficult for photography).  I corner-punched the topper using a SU corner punch.

The designer paper is digital by NitWit Collections -Just Ducky Too.  The white embossed base is a 6" x 6" embossing folder by Crafter's Companion - Floral EF6:  I love this large folder - so perfect for card bases for those of us who make square cards!  Just as an aside, Crafter's Companion have just released some Christmas 6" x 6" embossing folders - ohh, there are some really pretty ones and I have ordered the snowflakes one as I have wanted a larger snowflakes embossing folder forever!!   

The yellow ribbon was added in two separate elements and the bow itself was made with my Bow Easy; I added Fray Stop to the cut ends to stop them from fraying.

Before I go, Jenny left a comment on my last post about wanting my homemade salad dressing recipes which I mentioned in my '10 random things about me'.  I will endeavour to write them out and share them in the next few weeks. 

Thanks for stopping by - have a fab weekend!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Lili of the Valley UK - General Greetings Small ST063

Ink:  Versamagic Pretty Petunia chalk

Designer paper:  NitWit Collections - digital - Just Ducky Too - Copyright Mary Fran © 2006- 2013 Nitwit Collections™

Accessories:  Big Shot, Spellbinder Scalloped Square Nestabilities, My Favorite Things Die-namics Scallop edge die, Crafter's Companion Embossalicious Floral EF6 6" x 6" embossing folder, yellow organza ribbon, Fray Stop, Bow Easy, dimensionals, Perfect Layers Tools, Kindyglitz Crystalina glitter glue, cardstock - white, lavender

Punches:  Martha Stewart Lace Heart edge (yellow heart), Stampin' Up corner


6 comments:

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, more so because it comes from the heart :o)
Jackie xx

Bugga in OK said...

Your cards just keep getting prettier and prettier!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Jobear, what a wonderful card, for an equally wonderful person loved hearing the story...
God is good to place such folk in our lives who care as He does too, in the extra hard places, where the rubber meets the road in life.

I love LOTV in ages and am watching some on eBay but cant bring myself to get them yet their post costs are not cheap sadly we live too far away here..

However do have enough really so that is another reason, so they sit waiting am on ban for month anyway except for essentials like glue and tape which get regularly.

I love the folder too and have bought it and also have one other, a 6 x 8" now but was an 8 x8"!

My last post shows me cutting it down was swirl design have been hunting for for over a year now and nearly gave up when realised it was too big, but was so glad I did not..they have them at Scrapdragon, think it was?? or wast it not sure now..
Great colour balance in this card - that is what really makes it a wow card,
Praying every blessing dear Jobear on each of you, big hugs, Shaz in O.zx

debby4000 said...

Adorable, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

So pretty Jocelyn and a perfect thank you for your special friend - what would we do without them!
xx

Merry said...

What a beautiful card and a lovely reason to give the card. Lovely colours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...