Sunday, December 11, 2011

Elzybells Teddy and Postbox - another Christmas card

Hi blogging friends Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

Hmmm, it's been an interesting weekend for me so far.  Last night, I pulled some potatoes out of the cupboard ready to peel for dinner.  One of the potatoes was actually rotten at one end but the skin looked perfectly intact.  When I pressed on the end while I was holding it ready to peel, it burst - yes, really!!  Must have had some gas from it rotting built up on the inside and when I mean it burst, I mean it literally exploded and I was COVERED in rotting potato flesh - it was all over my face, in my hair, all down my clothes and splattered all over the kitchen. I couldn't believe how much it had spread around!  It felt and smelled disgusting!!   I yelled for my husband and he rushed in thinking maybe I had cut off my finger with a knife - but of course, I told him that the potato burst and "Could he get some paper towel to get it off my face?" which he lovingly did all the while trying not to laugh!!  He even posted about it on Facebook today!  So I headed for the shower to wash my hair and he cooked dinner instead.  I mean whoever HEARD of a potato bursting LOL!  Isn't it just the silliest thing and very funny in hindsight.

Today, at the local shopping centre, I tripped over my daughters foot as we were walking in the car park and I landed heavily on my knee and both hands on the bitumen.  I had several kind people rush to my aid as well as dear hubby to see if I was OK; of course, I said I was fine because I felt so stupid and ridiculous Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net  but I really wasn't and when the passers-by left, I cried because my knee hurt so much and I was annoyed because I ripped the knee out of my only pair of jeans and I was bleeding.  Needless to say, I'm not doing much this afternoon as it is very, very sore and swollen as is my left hand because I whacked it where the arthritis is Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net   It is just as well I have all-but finished my Christmas shopping!  Anyway, I guess I have done enough moaning......onto a Christmas card which is definitely more cheerful.........

Because I loved the layout so much on THIS CARD from one of my recent posts, I made another card the same except that the card is a larger square size.



Again, I have used a very cute Elzybells stamp and coloured it with Faber-Castell + Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils and a small, round paintbrush.  I added Cotton White Fun Flock mixed with Crystalina glitter to the snow on the postbox, the falling snow and on the ground using Designer Dries Clear adhesive then added some Kindyglitz Crystalina to the holly plus the letter that teddy is posting.  Here is a wee close-up of the image:



I diecut some snowflakes using my fabby My Favorite Things 'Let it snowflake' Die-namics dies and my Cuttlebug, popped them up on dimensionals and added a red rhinestone to the centres.

I attached the ribbon in two separate elements and the bow itself was made with my Bow Easy - lastly I glued on a red button.

Challenges:

I am entering my card in the following challenge -

Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything goes with the option of adding something dangley (I didn't have anything dangley so didn't do that bit).


Thanks for stopping by - have a fab weekend!!

Jocelyn




Card Recipe:

Stamps: Elzybells teddy and snowman (retired)

Ink: Versafine Onyx black

Designer paper:  Kaisercraft Be Merry Collection

Accessories: Cuttlebug, Spellbinder Circle + Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Faber Castell + Derwent Inktense watercolour pencils, paintbrush, 140lb Watercolour paper, Kaiser red rhinestones SB711, Stampendous Cotton White fun flock, Crystalina glitter, Designer Dries Clear adhesive, white acrylic paint, dimensionals, green organza ribbon, Bow Easy, red button, red sewing thread, My Favorite Things Let it Snowflake Die-namics dies, Cardstock: white, green

Punches: EK Success Scalloped Scallops edge

13 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh Jo! What an awful weekend!! Can't believe your exploding potato!! Hope all your sore bits feel better very soon !!

Unknown said...

Lovely fresh card and the bow with the button finishes it perfectly, Mary x

Jackie said...

Oh dear Jocelyn, I do hope all goes well from now on. I must say I have never heard of a potato bursting!
Your card is gorgeous, what a shame that there is no Elzybells any more! :o)
Jackie xx

jenny said...

Such a lovely, jolly card! Perfect for Christmas :)
Hope you are feeling better today x

Jenny xx

jimlynn said...

What a horrible weekend you've been having! Yikes....I can smell that potato all the way down here! LOL! They really do smell bad like that but never have heard of one busting! I'll watch for that now.
Hope your knee is ok too....how awful.
BUT...on the bright side, I love your sweet and pretty card! Like all the scallops and that cute image! Just wonderful.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Oh dear what an accident prone weekend you're having Jo!! I hope your knee is better soon and I did laugh at the potato story even though I wouldn't like it to happen to me! YUK!

Your card is gorgeous and your colouring with the pencils is so beautiful! Love everything about this creation!
xx

June K said...

OMG, you certainly have had a heck of a weekend. Tomorrow is Monday and the beginning of a new week. I hope it's a great week for you. You deserve it after your exploding potato (I've never heard of a potato exploding -- I'll have to remember that) and the fall you took.

And I have to add . . . a very lovely card. Your coloring is beautiful.

June K.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Thinking of you and sending happy smiles. Your card is adorable.

Ribbon Girl said...

I love the colours of your card - it's really pretty - hope your knee and hand soon recover and thanks for joining in with this weeks challenge at Papertake Weekly, Mary G x

Anonymous said...

This is such an adorable card! I absolutely love your coloring and the scalloped border.

Merry said...

Oh Jocelyn, I hope your knee is much better by now. I can't believe that potato burst all over you....yes I am sitting saying eeeeewwww! :-) Love this card though...beautiful image.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Mm have had rotten potatoes but not exploding ones and I'm commiserating over the sore knee! been there done that except it was a couple of years ago I did it, my nose was half skinned by my glasses as I landed face first (and hand and knee skinned to add insult to injury) and then had to walk home with bleeding nose, knee, etc! walked around for three weeks with a bandaged nose! ah well though we may not be kids we too have the perils of life!
and I too love this layout and this card as well love the snowflake die must use mine more! Shaz in Oz.x

Anonymous said...

aww, this is so cute! i love the dotted paper, the layout and snowflakes. it's such an adorable holiday card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...