Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Tree Shadow Trapunto Embroidery

Hi blogging friends Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net  

Apart from my cardmaking, I dabble in other crafts and I thought I would show you a photo of my Shadow Trapunto embroidery.  I bought the kit at a Craft Show from a lovely lady called Annie London of "Designer Stitches" - an Australian designer who has revived the art of Shadow Trapunto embroidery and is now the world's leading supplier of kits and patterns - and thought it would be a good idea to finish my embroidery in time for Christmas.  Annie was so helpful and showed me how to do the technique and honestly, I could have sat there all day and watched her - Annie is truly amazing!!   The embroidery is so different to anything I have ever tried and I found it so relaxing to sit there and stitch away whilst watching TV. 


It is actually far easier than it looks and I really love the quilted effect.  Here is a close-up - and you can always click on the pictures for a bigger look:


Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Jocelyn

6 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah Jobear this is really lovely - and have seen this before but did not know that is what it is called, thanks so much for sharing it - love the soft colours! Sending love and prayer for Gods blessing and peace on your family time together - what a blessing it is...God is good.
Shaz.xxx

June K said...

So beautiful. What lovely hand stitching.

June K.

jimlynn said...

It really does look like it's quilted and it's gorgeous!
Lynn

Merry said...

Oh that is so lovely Jocelyn....I can't say I have heard of that style of embroidering before....off to google to find out more. Lovely neat stitching.

Anonymous said...

oh, this is beautiful! i love the colours and your stitching is sooo nice and even!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jocelyn you are a woman of many talents!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...