Monday, March 21, 2011

Some more photographs for you and a sneaky-peak of what I've been doing!


Hello and thanks for stopping by :-)

I haven't made any cards over the past few days as I have been very busy learning how to use watercolour pencils which I have never used before.  Sometimes we need to take time out to learn something new - keeps our mojo going.   We had a planned power outage here at home on Wednesday (some maintenance on the electricity lines) = no computer and too dark in my Craft room to do any cardmaking, so I sat outside on our decking enjoying the beautiful autumn weather and played with my watercolour pencils which I enjoyed immensely.  Hopefully this week I should be able to turn the images into some cards!  Here is a sneaky peak of 2 of the images (hope you noticed they are Penny Black stamps - what else LOL!).   




So, today I thought would show you some photos instead which is one of my other passions.  The pink hydrangea below has special meaning to me because about 18 months ago, my sister-in-law gave me a bunch of hydrangeas from her garden for my birthday.  After having enjoyed them in the vase for a few weeks, I popped them into a pot to see if I could strike some cuttings.  And they did!  So now I have this beautiful pot of flowers!  Isn't the colour beautiful?!!  I have not enhanced the image with photographic software - this is exactly how it looked surrounded by the gorgeous bright green leaves.





The next photo is a snap of apple blossom taken when we visited Edendale Farm in Eltham, Victoria.



This next photo is of a spectacular storm at sunset viewed from our decking.  We live in a very bushy area and the trees in the photo are gum trees.  The colours that the clouds kept changing to was breathtaking.





And this last one is of the same storm but it had been raining a little and there was just enough sunlight to make a rainbow on the top RHS.  One of those flukey photos when you are there at just the right time.





Thanks again for popping in and hope you enjoyed my little photo-fest!

Jocelyn

10 comments:

Laura lok said...

beautiful hydrangia. its the one flower hubby said no to says its an old lady flower. whatever.

cute hedgy

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Ah Jobear!! breathtakingly beautiful the whole lot... I just adore the watercoloured stamps and cant wait to try my own out when they get here safely (and I'm praying for that..)
If I do half as well as you have done I will be thrilled....
As for the glories of God's creations it does take your breath away.
My artist dad taught me years ago a love of the skies (even thought he is yet to know the One Who created them) and so adore watching clouds as he does.. his birthday to day..82 yo.
thanks so much for sharing and cant wait to see your cards.. am off to try out the baby one maybe like you made last post? not sure yet? if do so will link back..and it is an order so quite okay to play need to another baby one for self so may as well do two at once..
love Shaz in Oz.x

Merry said...

Oh wow...what amazing photos...that hydrangea is so beautiful. Your watercolouring looks terrific...can't wait to see the finish creations.

Denise Marzec said...

Your watercoloring is beautiful! Man, I haven't watercolored in sooooo long. Can't wait to see these transformed into cards. :)

Yenni Natalia said...

i cant wait to see the card! :)

Anita said...

Beautiful work with your watercolor pencils. I can't wait to see the finished cards. I absoluely adore Penny Black stamps. Beautiful photographs, too.

Dee in N.H. said...

Your watercoloring is looking great! And those pictures are just breathtaking!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Such beautiful, breath-taking photographs. Such amazing blessings from the landscape. You have a great eye with that camera! Thanks for sharing this talent with us!

Have a blessed day!

Sam said...

Love, LOVE the flower pictures Jocelyn. So crisp and lovely colours! The storm pictures are also beautiful. I did enjoy your photo-fest...please, may we have some more :-).

Sam.

Sarn said...

Absolutely terrific photos.

Thanks for dropping by and leaving me some comments earlier. I'm here to visit you for a while. Liking what I've seen so far . . . You have a lovely blog.

Hugs, Sandra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...