Friday, January 14, 2011

CAS Birthday card using Craft Concepts Budding Vine embossing folder



Hi and welcome to my Blog :-)

My BIL's sister recently turned 70 and this is the quick and simple birthday card I made for her.   The beautiful embossing folder is called Budding Vine" by Craft Concepts - I really LOVE this folder - one of my favs - but honestly, if you didn't have this folder, you could use lots of other ones, eg: Craft Concepts Cottage Floral, Cuttlebug Textile or Jamara etc, Crafts Too Damask, or there are some lovely similar ones by other manufacturers.

Once I embossed the pink cardstock, I then cut the pink cardstock card base to size.  I have found by experience, particularly when you use a folder that is very detailed, that it "shrinks" the cardstock, so that if you had it just the right size for your base, it won't be anymore!!   I popped the embossed panel up on foam tape as I wanted a little bit of dimension.

I added the ribbon in 2 separate elements and the bow itself was made with my Bow Easy which are now in stock at Fat Cat's Card Corner.  The sentiment panel was diecut with my Oval Nesties, and the sentiment itself was stamped with Dusty Plum pigment ink and heat-embossed with Satin Pearl clear embossing powder which I really love for my heat-embossing - it doesn't turned out as "shiny or glossy" as regular clear embossing powder.  I ran my ink pad around the edges of the panel and popped the panel up on 2mm mounts (dimensionals).

Lastly, I added the 3 pink rhinestones.

I do not know who made the sentiment - it has a number on it, but no Company name.  I tried Googling it, but came up with nothing - I suspect it might be an Australian stamp manufacturer - it's been in my stash since dinosaurs roamed the earth - I forgot I had it, but I love how "swirly" it is and ties in with the Budding Vine embossing folder!   If you do know the stamp manufacturer, please leave me a comment and I will update my post.

And here is the same card which uses Bazzill Bling "Icy Teal" cardstock (not sure of the actual cardstock name - it's just what I call it!).  And of course, I changed the pearls on the sentiment panel to Bliss SB718 and the ink I used for the sentiment was Versacolor Laurel Leaf pigment.  I made this card for my sister-in-laws 60th birthday.  The Bazzill Bling cardstock looks so sparkly IRL - but I think you can see some of the "sparkle" from the photo.



Thanks again for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card #1 Recipe:

Stamps:  Best Wishes E238 (unknown brand name)

Ink:  Colorbox Dusty Plum pigment

Accessories:  Cuttlebug, Spellbinder Oval Nestabilities, Craft Concepts Budding Vine embossing folder, Bow Easy, pink organza ribbon, satin pearl clear embossing powder, heat-gun, foam tape, 2mm mounts, Kaiser pink rhinestones SB701, cardstock: pink, white

8 comments:

Merry said...

Oh wow...simple but absolutely stunning.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

mmm clean and simple but oh so nice in two of my fav. shades... loving the teal bling!!
Grrreat! Shaz in Oz.xx

Anna Waarvik said...

The cards are beautiful. Isn't it amazing how really nice some simple cards turn out? Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

ooooh, these are both so pretty, jocelyn! the embossing looks so lovely and just adds so much to the card. i like how you coordinated the pearls and gems and ribbon colours with the card bases.

Julie said...

These are beautiful!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Oh. I love them! The embossing and the sentiments are absolutely gorgeous. Well done.

Hugs
Maarit

PepPop said...

Great cards Jocelyn. Thanks for the tip of embossing first then cutting - now why didn't I think of that :) Jaqui x

Christine Henderson said...

LOVE your cards, Jocelyn. They are so pretty. The use of just one colour of cardstock is so effective and makes them look very 'classy'!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...