Monday, December 6, 2010

Cuttlebug Winter House Shaker card


Hi and welcome to my Blog :-)

I'm still having fun with my "frame" cards and this particular card is a Shaker Card and is another entry in the Splitcoaststampers Flowersoft FSC14 Sprinkle Challenge of "Winter Wonderland".

I used the now-retired Cuttlebug embossing folder:  Winter House - which I have recently seen on EBay go at Auction in Australia for more than $50 - eek!!   If you Google it, you might be lucky enough to find one somewhere!  

I diecut a circle with my Spellbinder Circle Nesties, then used the larger Snowflakes embossing folder from the Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland set, then punched some icicles with my Martha Stewart Icicles edge punch and attached them underneath.  I know that you can't really tell by the photo, but there is some clear acetate over the Winter House image and I added some Polar White Flowersoft inside (approximately 1 teaspoon) which of course is the "Shaker" part of the card.. 

There is approximately 3mm thick foam tape between the Snowflakes embossing and the Winter House embossing - if you have too small a gap, the "shaker" parts get stuck underneath the acetate and don't move around freely.

I diecut some snowflakes and added Kaiser Island Lagoon Rhinestones and when I glued them to the front, I bent the edges of the snowflakes up slightly so they would stand out a bit better against the Snowflakes embossing.

This panel was then adhered to Bazzill Bling Icey Teal cardstock (I don't know the proper colour name - I am just "guessing"!), then onto more white cardstock  I love how the Bazzill Bling cardstock shimmers in the light.  Lastly, I added the ribbon in 2 separate elements and the bow itself was made with my Bow Easy.

Thanks again for stopping by!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Accessories:  Cuttlebug, Snowflakes embossing folder from Winter Wonderland set, Winter House embossing folder, Cuttlebug Snowflake #2 die, Spellbinder Circle Nestabilities, Polar White Flowersoft, acetate, thick mounting tape (approx. 3mm thick), Bow Easy, Teal organza ribbon, Kaiser Rhinestones Island Lagoon RS402, Cardstock:  Bazzill Bling Icey teal, white

Punches:  Martha Stewart Icicles edge punch

4 comments:

Kelly said...

This is gorgeous! I love the embossed image behind the window and the bow is gorgeous. Love the white with a touch of aqua! Great card!

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Pretty card, love the white on white and all the texture too!

Sam said...

This is a stunning card Jocelyn! I love everything about it...the embossing, the ribbon and especially the icicle punching. I MUST get that punch some time! I am going to do without the $50 retired folder though ;-).

PS. I think 'Icey Teal' describes the Bazzill colour perfectly!!

:-)
Sam.

PepPop said...

That is a really beautiful White on White card. Love it! Jaqui x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...