Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Eeeek, it's a spider.....or two - Halloween card



Hi and thanks for visiting my Blog :-)

I thought I would make a Halloween card just for something different after I saw the Splitcoaststampers Clean and Simple Challenge CAS89 of a Sketch inspired by kstamper's card here which I loved - so this is my take on the Sketch. 

I have had this old spider and web stamp for years and years and forgot I had the stamps until today when I was looking for some inspiration among my stamps for a Halloween card.   I must admit:  I hate spiders.  I am the sort of person who would jump out of a moving car to get away from one, or abandon my car in the middle of the freeway.  One of my recurring nightmares is hundreds of spiders dropping down from a ceiling on top of me - it seems so real that I usually jump out of bed in my sleep - which then scares poor DH.....anyway, enough waffle and onto the card.......  

The black embossed background was made with a newly released Sizzix Textured Impression embossing folder called "Winter Set #3" (comes as a set of 2 folders).  The spider and web were stamped with black pigment ink and heat-embossed with clear embossing powder which makes them stand out alot more than just using dye ink.  Then I inked all the edges with the same pigment ink and added embossing powder to that too.  Can you see that little spider lurking at the RHS side ready to jump out at you (insert scream here!)?   Thought I would do that just for a bit of fun!  I stamped him on a scrap of black cardstock, heat embossed him, then cut him out and glued him under the terracotta panel.  I coloured the eyes with Cadmium Yellow Acrylic paint to make them look really bright - like they are looking right at you.

The EEK sentiment was done with an alphabet foam-mounted stamp set I bought from KMart years ago - don't know if it's still available.  I don't have any Halloween sentiments, so came up with this instead - I thought I would stamp the letters at any angle for a bit of interest - wish I had had an exclamation mark to add to it.  These letters were also heat-embossed.

Challenges:

I am entering this card into 2 Challenges - both with Halloween themes:  The first is Crazy 4 Challenges C4C60 and the 2nd is Dutch Dare Card Challenge DDCC #89 which also has the alternative colour theme of purple, black, orange and green if you didn't want to make a Halloween card).

Thanks for stopping by - it was lovely to have you come and visit :-)

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  All Night Media Spider 612A and Corner Web 407B (both c1994 and most likely retired), Alphabet foam stamp set - name unknown (K-Mart)

Ink:  Versacolor black pigment

Accessories:  Cuttlebug, Sizzix Textured Impressions Winter Set #3, cadmium yellow JoSonya acrylic paint, clear embossing powder, Cardstock:  Colormates Deep Terracotta and Black

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...