Monday, July 19, 2010

Penny Black Party Time and Cuttlebug Grace's Frame + a Blog Award


 

Hello, and welcome to my escape from the ironing basket!

I made this card for the Splitcoaststampers 'Free for All' Challenge F4A20 of 'Show us What Ya Got' where you find the most recent thing you purchased that is still in its package and use it - see this link for the deets - so it didn't take much prompting to open up my new Penny Black clear stamp set - the newly released "Party Time".  I also just recently bought this Cuttlebug Grace's Frame embossing folder from Fat Cat's Card Corner, so I couldn't wait to rip open the packaging and use this gorgeous folder.

I'm also popping this card into the Splitcoaststampers Clean and Simple CAS75 Challenge of 'Dry Embossing'. See this link for the deets.

The image was coloured with Odourless Mineral Spirits and Prismacolor pencils.  I stamped a 2nd image and cut out just the present and popped it up on a 1mm mount (dimensional).   I went to town with the pink glitter on the balloon and present - {sigh} - I just love glitter - messy but I love sparkly things!!   I lightly chalked around the image with Kaisercolour chalks for the blue sky.   The bow was made with my Bow Easy.  The pink colour of the bow matches perfectly to the pink cardstock IRL, but for some reason, the pink cardstock looks a bit more purpley-pink in the photo.  The pink cardstock was embossed with my Jamara embossing folder.

This card took me very little time to make and will be going to my 3 year old niece for her birthday later this week.

* Two Awards from Anna in Wisconsin, USA *

Anna from her Blog: Anna's Papercrafts has been so kind and given me not one, but TWO Blog Awards and made some lovely comments about my Blog - thank you sweetie - it really made my day!  Anna is a newbie to the Blogging world having started blogging only a few months ago and posts nearly every day.


I am supposed to pass this award onto 10 other Bloggers.  I would love to pass it on to countless bloggers who have inspired me and encouraged me - every single person is worthy and it is impossible to choose - I truly think you are all amazing.  I'll just list a couple for now:

Lollychops - Lolly is incredibly crafty lady and among other things, has these amazing Flower tutorials.  Recently I crocheted some of the flowers using the tutorials from her Blog and I was so happy with how they turned out.

Indigo Inklings - Jay has lots of Cuttlebug & embossing folder tutorials, Coloured Pencil tutorials, Big Shot tutorials - I have learnt so much from her.


Thanks again for stopping by and thank you for all the lovely comments you have been leaving - they are so appreciated.

Jocelyn


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Sentiment and Hedgie by Penny Black: Party Time 30-049 clear set 
 
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo black 

Accessories:  Cuttlebug, Grace's Frame and Jamara embossing folders, Prismacolor pencils, OMS, paper stumps, 1mm mounts (dimensionals), Art Institute transparent pink glitter (from Shabby Chic set), Art Institute Designer dries clear adhesive, pink satin ribbon, Bow Easy, Stampin' Up Corner punch, Kaisercolour chalks, pink gems, cardstock: white, pink

3 comments:

Merry said...

What a beautiful card...love the glittery balloon. Congrats on your awards.

Denise Marzec said...

Sooooooo cute! Love the glittered balloon!! :)

Liz McGuire, said...

Hiya, gorgeous card. That hedgie is so cute and you have coloured him perfectly.

Liz x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...