Thursday, March 18, 2010

Well, here I am Blogging for the first time with my Penny Black stamps!


Hello everyone,

Welcome!!  And thanks so much for stopping by :-)  Thought I would add another card to my stash which could be used as a Thank-you card, Happy Birthday, Friendship - anything really.  I am a huge fan of Penny Black 'Margaret Sherry' stamps - can't get enough of their furry friends - they are so cute! 

I also made this card for the Clean and Simple Challenge #54 on the Splitcoaststampers website of 'Wishing for Spring'. See this link for the deets:  I *LOVE* Spring flowers especially when the daffodils and jonquils start flowering in my garden. How amazing that you get these beautiful flowers from a bulb that looks nothing more than a brown onion!  And I am also entering it in the Penny Black Saturday Week 92 Challenge of:  Spring Flowers.  See this link for the deets.
 
I have used this Sizzix Textured Impressions embossing folder (from the Hello Kitty Spring Set #2) alot lately because the middle is blank for me to stamp my image & it fits LOTS of images I have in my stamp stash.  Plus it easily fits in my Cuttlebug with the same sandwich as Cuttlebug folders. Makes for a quick and simple card because there is no layering. I made 3 similar cards in 1 day - just with different images but with the same ef - that's a record for me!   I lightly added some Kaisercolour chalks (pink, lemon and blue) to the dry embossing.


The image was stamped with Memento ink and coloured with Gamsol and Prismacolor pencils and I added Kindyglitz to the flowers. It didn't take long to colour because the flowers/leaves aren't too detailed - just a flick of colour with the pencil and "smudged" with the paper stump/Gamsol - just to give an impression of shading/highlighting. I lightly chalked the background for the sky etc with the same colours that I used for the dry embossing.

 

I stamped the sentiment with Stazon ink and the tiny punched hearts (2 next to the sentiment and 3 around the flowers) are the leftover punchies from my EK Success Arrows Border punch (they look like tiny hearts to me).
 
Thanks for having a peek at my card!

Jocelyn

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Mouse: Penny Black 'Hugs' clear set, Sentiment: Penny Black 'Tiny Wishes' clear set

Ink: Memento Tuxedo black, Stazon Jet black 

Accessories: Cuttlebug, Sizzix Textured Impressions 'Hello Kitty #2' embossing folder (set), Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, paper stumps, Kindyglitz Crystalina, EK Success Arrows border punch, Kaisercolour chalks, Cardstock: white, rose coral 

3 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

wow congrats on joining the world of blogging and hey we are so honoured that you decided to join the Penny Black Saturday challenge....love your adorable image and we hope to see you often....hugs kath xxxx

Dawn B. said...

This is another really terrific card.. Whimsical cards are my favorite.. Your PB stamp is so sweet. This dry embossing is awesome.
P.S. I love the name of your new blog..
Hugs,
Dawn

Denise Marzec said...

Whoooo-hooooooo, I'm SOOOO glad to see you have a blog now! :) :) :) Looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...