Thursday, March 18, 2010

Elzybells: Teddy Surprise!


I made this for my DD's schoolfriend for her 7th birthday.  I've been wanting to make a Gatefold card for ages - ah, so many techniques & so little time!!
All the images are from a clear stamp set by Elzybells, and were coloured with Gamsol and Prismascolor pencils.  Isn't the teddy just sooo cute?!  The blue that I coloured in the background REALLY shows up in the photos but it's not THAT blue in real life.  The ribbon was attached at the back of the card with glue dots.

The dry embossing on the front of the card was done by running a Sizzix Textured Impressions folder thru my Cuttlebug.  I use the same 'sandwich' that you use for Cuttlebug folders.

I really went to town with all the glitter which has been added to the present ribbon, spots on the present, and on the inside of the card: on the balloon, ribbon, spots on the present and the teddy's cheeks.  After all, it's for a girl and all little (& big) girls LOVE glitter!! :o)

Here is a close-up of the card inside:  


Don't forget you can click on any of my photos to get a REALLY close-up view.

Thanks for having peek at my card!

Jocelyn


Card Recipe: 

Stamps: Elzybells Art Stamps: Teddy Surprise 20-016-CC clear stamp set 

Ink: Memento Tuxedo black 

Accessories:
Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, paper stumps, ribbon, Kaiser Hot Pink pearls, Sizzix Textured Impressions - dots & flower set, Cuttlebug, glue dots, Stampin' Up ticket corner punch, glue dots, Kindyglitz Crystalina, Cardstock: white, bright pink

3 comments:

Paul said...

Great card and colouring.
TFS
Paul
P.S. Welcome to the world of blogging!

Dawn B. said...

Welcome to blogland..This is amazing. I LOVE how you added the blue coloring behind your image. It looks terrific. What a great fold too. You did a great job..

Julie C. said...

I love your glitter girly card. It is very beautiful. And welcome to the blogging world! Now all you need is time to make the cards and time to update the blog. (I am terrible on finding the time to update my blog!) ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...