Monday, March 22, 2010

Dovecraft: Pepper and Friends - Hello my beautiful friend!

Hi everyone!  Happy Monday!

This is a "Thank-you" card which I made for my best friend who has really helped me a lot this past year or so.  She is the sweetest girl you could ever meet!

This is also for the Splitcoaststampers CAS54 Challenge of 'Wishing for Spring' - I just LOVE spring flowers especially daffodils - so cheery!  See
this link for the deets.

I've had this Sizzix Textured Impressions embossing folder (from the Hello Kitty Spring Set #2) for quite a while now and only used it once - and then the other day I "re-discovered" it and have made about 6 cards with it so far.  I
LOVE clean & simple one-layer cards and this folder fits the bill perfectly because the middle is blank for me to stamp my image & it fits LOTS of images I have in my stamp stash.  Plus it easily fits in my Cuttlebug and uses the same sandwich as Cuttlebug folders. 

This cute little image arrived in my mailbox the other day from the UK - isn't it just adorable?  It was stamped with Memento ink and coloured with Gamsol and Prismacolor pencils and I added Kindyglitz to the flowers, some of the leaves and the dog's cheeks. It didn't take long to colour because the flowers/leaves aren't too detailed - just a flick of colour with the pencil and "smudged" with the paper stump/Gamsol - just to give an impression of shading/highlighting.   I lightly chalked the background for the sky etc with my Kaisercolour chalks and used these same colours to lightly colour the dry embossing frame.

 


Thanks for having a peek at my card!

Jocelyn
 

Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Dovecraft "Pepper & Friends" HCWS05 by Helz Cuppleditch, Sentiment: from Flourishes Strawberries clear set #57 

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stazon Jet Black

Accessories:  Cuttlebug, Sizzix Textured Impressions 'Hello Kitty #2' embossing folder set, Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, paper stumps, Kindyglitz Crystalina, EK Success Arrows border punch, Cardstock: white, rose pink

2 comments:

Sam said...

Ooooohhhhhhhh. I am so excited! Your blog is lovely Jocelyn and is going in my Google Reader NOW.

I rely on Google to let me know when people publish and so I was pretty slack commenting on SCS galleries...because I never knew when something new appeared.

Love the Sizzix textured impressions on this card, and that pink ribbon is WOW!

Best wishes,
Sam.

Mike Funke said...

Beatiful shading - all your cards have a wonderfully soft quality about them. Nice job!
Mike

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...